Thursday, February 4, 2010

Footprints in the Sands of Time

My friend and i talked about our children. What he said was said well. Let me quote him. "So, it s not how many "A's" we get or what we want for our kids, but developing their personality so that they find their own oceans to swim in and leave everlasting footprints in shores of their choosing; hopefully they will make their mark and it will be everlasting! "

Yes, I think it is well said. My father came to these shores leaving his native India. He had his oceans to swim. And he swam here. Sometimes, i think, did i make that ocean into a pond, seeking safety and security instead of pushing the boundaries that bind us.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I love your post Akbar... how true it is.My grandfather too left his native Afghanistan to come to Malaya... and left his own footprints